SPECIFIC PURPOSE VISA
Foreign citizens who want to travel to Bolivia for another reason other than tourism should apply for a specific purpose VISA.
This VISA is valid for 30 days since the date of entry and allows the holder to extend the stay as long as necessary prior formal request before Migration Bolivia. Also allows the holder to do any kind of legal formalities.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VISA
- Fill and sign the Sworn Statement form.
- This sworn statement will require the applicant to upload all the following requirements. The picture must be scanned in a .jpg format while the other requirements will be in .pdf format. They must not exceed 300Kb. Once the applicant accomplish this task, the applicant must send all the paperwork along the payment and the return envelope.
- Valid Passport for at least six (6) months, make sure there are available pages to stamp the VISA sticker.
- One (1) picture, full color Passport size.
- Flight ticket or the tour itinerary, simple copy.
- Cover letter which should state the specific purpose of the travel, the dates of travel, or a Sponsoring letter which should state that the expenses will be run by the sending or hosting company or institution.
- Bank statement or Credit Card’s simple copy (you may erase the Account or Credit Card’s number).
- Police record issued by the Police Department where the applicant lives.
- The VISA fee is $ 85.00 (Eighty five 00/100 US dollars).
The visa applications can be sent by regular mail, it is required to include a return pre-paid envelope for the passports and a money order payable to CONSULADO DE BOLIVIA.
Visa applications may be dropped off in the office and might be paid through Money Order, debit/credit card. The processing time is five (5) business days.