In case you travel to Bolivia with your pet or pets:

  • Your pet must be checked by a veterinarian authorized by the Department of Agriculture (United States Department of Agriculture -

  • Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service).

  • The link of the Department of Agriculture where you can consult about this process is:

  • The offices and managers of each State for the validation of the animal health certificate can be found at the following link:

  • Once you obtain the certificate you can send it via postal mail with a pre-paid envelope; and a Money order of $ 50 payable to the "Consulate of Bolivia".

The process takes one day from receipt of the document at the Consulate.